- Extend your battery lifespan by regularly charging your battery when it reaches 50%-70% depletion rather than fully exhausting the battery power before recharging. Fully charge the battery after each long-distance ride.
- Do not overcharge the battery (in excess of 10 hours), especially in hotter climates. Doing so may damage the battery or prevent it from fully charging.
- Recharge the battery once a month, even if your bike is in storage and not in use.
- Avoid charging the battery in extreme temperatures outside of 32°F - 77°F (0°C - 25°C).
- Keep battery away from fire, liquid, corrosive substances and long-term sun exposure
- We recommend charging your e-bike through a surge protector. This will help avoid damage to electrical components during storage and charging.
NOTE: You can still ride your e-bike as a regular bike while the battery is dead.
A lithium ion battery requires specially designed chargers. You should never charge your battery with a substitute charger that is not designed for this e-bike. Use of an unsuitable charger to charge a lithium ion battery could result in overheating, fire or even explosion.
- Recharge battery after every use.
- Do not disassemble or alter the battery/charger.
- Do not place the battery/charger near open flame or corrosive substances.
- Do not allow any liquids on or inside the battery/charger.
- Do not expose the battery/charger to extreme weather conditions.
- Do not operate the battery/charger if damaged.
- Recharge the battery only with a charger specified by the manufacturer.
- Only use the battery/charger for its intended purpose.
- Only use the battery/charger on approved products.
WARNING: Do not dispose of the battery in a fire or with household waste. Rechargeable batteries of any kind should not be placed in your trash can or dumpster. It is illegal in some states to do so because rechargeable batteries contain heavy metals that can be hazardous to the environment.
Contact your local waste disposal agency for the address of the nearest battery deposit site.