Your e-bike front wheel axle comes equipped with a Quick Release mechanism. This makes it easier to attach or remove your wheel when necessary without the need for tools.
The Quick Release uses a long bolt (called a skewer) with an Adjusting Nut on one end and a cam lever on the other. Follow the below steps to attach your front wheel.
- With the Quick Release lever in the open position (curved away form the e-bike), insert the front wheel into the open ends of your e-bike fork.
- Ensure that the springs are located in the correct position as indicated in the above diagram, and insert the Quick Release Lever through your front wheel hub to the other side, attaching the Spring and Adjusting Nut as shown above.
- While holding the Quick Release lever in one hand, tighten the Adjusting Nut on the opposite end of your wheel until it stops.
- Pivot the Quick Release lever slowly toward the e-bike to the closed position. You should feel resistance as you do this at the halfway mark. There must be a firm resistance against the lever, or else it means the wheel is not set correctly. If you feel no resistance, reopen the Quick Release lever, hold it in your hand, and tighten the Adjusting Nut further before trying again.
- Continue to move the lever all the way to the closed position so that the curved part of the lever faces the e-bike.
- The Quick Release lever is open when you are able to read “OPEN” on the lever. Verify the Quick Release lever is set to the closed position. When closed, you will be able to read “CLOSED” on the lever arm.
WARNING: ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE QUICK RELEASE LEVER IS SET IN THE “CLOSED” OR LOCKED POSITION PRIOR TO RIDING.