Make sure all packaging material has been removed from the wheel. Loosen the nuts, washers, and wheel retainers on the front wheel axle to create space for the frame to attach.
- Pull the kickstand forward so your bike can remain stable while you work.
- Remove the protective plastic bar from the front wheel fork.
- Slide the wheel into the open end of the fork between two prongs. If your wheel does not fit, your fork might be facing backwards. Turn your fork 180° and try again. The tire tread should be making a V-pattern when you are looking at your e-bike from the front. Ensure the two teardrop shaped wheel retainers are outside of the wheel. Align and insert the prongs of your wheel retainers into the fork frame.
- Loosely install washers onto each of the axles, keeping the serrated end facing the wheel retainer. Then, install the hex nut. (NOTE: There maybe a washer head nut in place of the washer and hex nut).
- Center the wheel in the fork and tighten the axle nuts, alternating from one side to the other while tightening. This will help the wheel stay centered. Locate the metal latch that holds your brake cable in place. Position your brake cable in the latch and lock into place.
Lift your bike and spin your front wheel to ensure it spins smoothly and the wheel is centered. If it isn’t centered, loosen the nuts on the wheel and try again. Make sure you are tightening the nuts evenly, alternating side to side.